Need home care for a loved one? Being a caregiver for the elderly can be a comprehensive process riddled with emotional stress and personal conflicts. In many cases, it is best to leave this in the hands of a knowledgeable and professional caregiver who genuinely cares about the work they do, and more importantly, the people they care for.
Look at these Statistics:
- Each week, more than 30,000 people over the age of 65 are seriously injured by a fall.
- One fourth of those who fall and sustain a hip fracture die within a year; half never regain their formal levels of mobility.
- More than 15,000 seniors die in their homes due to accidents each year.
- Nearly 2 million adults over the age of 65 suffer from depression. High levels of depression increase the risk of stroke by almost 75%.
- Loneliness kills: Elders without senior home help and with the limited social connections are twice as likely to die over a given time as those with a close support network. This is why senior companionship is so important.